13 tips for an Ergonomic Computer Workstation in Truckee, Alpine Meadows, Tahoe City, Kings Beach and Squaw Valley
1. Use a good chair that supports the entire back with special emphasis on lumbar support (low back).
2. Your eyes should be at same height as the center of the monitor screen.
3. No glare on screen, use an optical glass anti-glare filter where needed
4. Sit at arms length from monitor (18 to 24 inches).
5. Feet on floor or stable footrest
6. Use a document holder, preferably in-line with the computer screen
7. Wrists flat and straight with forearms to use keyboard/mouse this prevents Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
8. Arms and elbows relaxed close to body
9. Center monitor and keyboard in front of you, not to the side (you should not be twisted).
10. Use a tilt keyboard tray with a mouse platform adjacent to keyboard
11. Use a stable work surface and stable (no bounce) keyboard tray
12. Take frequent short breaks (microbreaks), you can schedule these with Microsoft Outlook, with an alarm so you do not forget.
13. Always engage the Pilates Powerhouse.